I have been nominated by the lovely Cheryl of http://allbuthomeless.wordpress.com/ for the INTERESTING BLOG AWARD! Cheryl, thank you — it means a lot.
The rules, it seems, are these:
- Thank the person who nominated you (Done, and not just because it told me to.)
- List 5 random facts about yourself
- I don’t know how to ride a bicycle
- I speak seven languages, some more fluently than others
- I own over 10,000 books, only some of which are in any sort of order
- I can spin (with a spinning wheel — not on a static bike or by whirling my arms around until I get dizzy, although I could probably do them too if I set my mind to it)
- I’m slightly double jointed
- Nominate a minimum of 5 blogs for the award
- Ask the nominees 5 questions of your choice
- Why do you blog?
- Who has had the most influence on you as a writer?
- And in other spheres?
- When did you start writing?
- When will you stop?
- Notify all nominees on their blog (Done.)
6. Answer the questions you were asked
- What is your pet peeve?
Bad grammar and spelling.
- Who is your favourite author?
I’ll always have a soft spot for Wilkie Collins (as he changed my life), but Graham Greene comes a close second.
- Favourite place on earth, having been there?
Catalonia in general; the Berguedà in particular.
- What is your favourite pastime?
Oh, easy! Writing.
- In your mind, what is your greatest accomplishment in life?
Passing my driving test? Overcoming a life-threatening condition? Getting a PhD? Running my own business? All of them, but mostly… just making it this far.
Good luck, everyone!